North American Association for Celtic Language Teachers
NAACLT is a non-profit professional organization whose goal is to bring together Celtic language teachers and researchers in Canada and the United States and to foster contacts with others through the world who are interested in promoting the teaching and learning of Celtic languages in North America.
NAACLT 2014 Conference - Call for Papers
(deadline extended to 22 April 2014)
Jeanie Johnston in Dublin Bay, near Dun Laoghaire. By wrobell (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0, via Wikimedia Commons].
This year there are other related conferences during June in Ireland, besides NAACLT’s June 4-6, 2014 in Waterford.
- ACIS/CAIS 2014 Annual Meeting, University College Dublin, Dublin 11-14 June.
- Celtic Language Technology Workshop (CLTW 2014), Co-located with COLING 2014, August 23rd, Dublin, Ireland, Call for Papers, Submission Deadline: May 2nd 2014.
Also in June and July 2014 there are a few conferences in Wales:
- Welsh for Adults Summer School – Bangor, June 16th to 4th of July (Beginners) or June 23 – July 4th (Intermediate and Advanced). Adult Learners' Week - 14th to 22nd June 2014. Details will be online soon. http://www.niacedc.org.uk/Campaigns/ALW.
- Words into Action Conference and Welsh Language in Health, Social Services and Social Care Awards 2014. June 19th Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay. http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/page.cfm?orgid=415&pid=65442.
- Llangollen International Eisteddfod. July 8th to 12th, 2014. http://international-eisteddfod.co.uk
NAACLT has been registered as a non-profit public-benefit corporation in the State of California, and has been granted tax-exempt status as a publicly supported charitable corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal revenue Code. Bequests and gifts to NAACTL are deductible for U.S. Federal state and gift tax purposes.
North American Association of Celtic Language Teachers ©2013-2014