North American Association for Celtic Language Teachers
NAACLT is a non-profit professional organization whose goal is to bring together Celtic language teachers and researchers in Canada and the United States and to foster contacts with others through the world who are interested in promoting the teaching and learning of Celtic languages in North America.
Information about conference registration and accommodations will be available soon!
Jeanie Johnston in Dublin Bay, near Dun Laoghaire. By wrobell (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0, via Wikimedia Commons].
This year there are two other related conferences during June in Ireland, besides NAACLT’s June 4-6, 2014 in Waterford.
- ACIS/CAIS 2014 Annual Meeting, University College Dublin, Dublin 11-14 June.
- Cruinniú 2014: A Forum for International Irish Language Learners, Teachers, & Speakers, Sunday 15th – Thursday 19th June 2014 in the Connemara Coast Hotel, Furbo, Co. Galway. || Cruinniú 2014: Fóram d'Fhoghlaimeoirí, do Mhúinteoirí agus do Chainteoirí Idirnáisiúnta Gaeilge, ar siúl ó Dé Domhnaigh go Déardaoin, 15-19 Meitheamh 2014 in Óstán Chois Fharraige, na Forbacha, Co. na Gaillimhe. “Sponsored by the Fulbright Foundation and the Ireland Canada University Foundation.”
Also in June and July 2014 there are a few conferences in Wales:
- Welsh for Adults Summer School – Bangor, June 16th to 4th of July (Beginners) or June 23 – July 4th (Intermediate and Advanced). Adult Learners' Week - 14th to 22nd June 2014. Details will be online soon. http://www.niacedc.org.uk/Campaigns/ALW.
- Words into Action Conference and Welsh Language in Health, Social Services and Social Care Awards 2014. June 19th Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay. http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/page.cfm?orgid=415&pid=65442.
- Llangollen International Eisteddfod. July 8th to 12th, 2014. http://international-eisteddfod.co.uk
NAACLT has been registered as a non-profit public-benefit corporation in the State of California, and has been granted tax-exempt status as a publicly supported charitable corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal revenue Code. Bequests and gifts to NAACTL are deductible for U.S. Federal state and gift tax purposes.
North American Association of Celtic Language Teachers ©2013-2014