North American Association for Celtic Language Teachers
NAACLT is a non-profit professional organization whose goal is to bring together Celtic language teachers and researchers in Canada and the United States and to foster contacts with others through the world who are interested in promoting the teaching and learning of Celtic languages in North America.
2016 Annual Conference
Call for Papers (CFP)
"Celtic Builders and Their Languages: The Erie Canal and Beyond"
Albany - Schenectady - Troy
New York's Capital District
Desmond Hotel and Conference Center
(Reservation Details to Follow)
June 8 - Reception & Registration
June 9 & 10 - Conference Presentations
June 11 - Optional Tour along the Historic Mohawk Valley
& Erie Canal
WHO is invited to present? NAACLT includes but is not limited to academic professionals. People involved in Celtic language learning and teaching from every walk of life are invited to participate, including:
• Community-based language teachers
• Celtic language enthusiasts
• Celtic language policy makers
• Celtic-language musicians.
We are now accepting abstracts for twenty-minute talks in any of the following (or related) areas:
• Methods, techniques, and best practices in teaching Celtic languages
• Incorporating Celtic cultures into the classroom or learning experience
• Application of computer technology to Celtic language teaching or research
• Pedagogical materials: what works, what doesn't
• Topics in Celtic linguistics, sociolinguistics, and Second Language Acquisition
• Language policy and planning in the Celtic world
• Promotion or appreciation of Celtic languages and cultures
Please send abstracts of between 200-300 words to Kevin Scannell <email@example.com> by April 1, 2016.
We offer the Seán Tierney Scholarship (a $250 value) to offset the cost of attending the conference. If you are interested in presenting a paper and would benefit from this scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, when you register for the conference.
NAACLT has been registered as a non-profit public-benefit corporation in the State of California, and has been granted tax-exempt status as a publicly supported charitable corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal revenue Code. Bequests and gifts to NAACTL are deductible for U.S. Federal state and gift tax purposes.
North American Association of Celtic Language Teachers ©2015-2016